Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Review: Always Watching by Chevy Stevens

Publication-June, 18 2013-St. Martin's
Date Read-June, 25, 2013
Source: NetGalley

Dr. Nadine Lavoie has made a career out of helping others facing their inner demons. She would rather focus on others than on her own, given that her daughter Lisa is a runaway drug addict that she hasn't seen in a while.
Then Heather Simeon, a new patient who attempted suicide, enter the psychiatric hospital and she is assigned to Nadine. Slowly, Heather reveals her life in a commune, a similar experience that Nadine went through when she was a child. For decades, Nadine has trouble remembering that time and as she digs deeper, Nadine discovers the horror and trauma she had sustained. It isn't long before events spiral out of her control that Nadine has a choice: Let the past destroy her, or fight back. 
It is no wonder to me and many others that Chevy Stevens knows how to write a spine-chilling thriller of a novel. I was gripping my kindle as my eyes swept through each sentence, my heart pounding. Although I'm not a mystery/thriller kind of reader, "Always Watching" could very well make me into one. Filled to the brim with plenty of suspense, twists, turns, and thrills, "Always Watching" will grip you and never let you go. 







"Radioactive" is an appropriate song that in my opinion, goes well with the book. It highlights how circumstance can't keep us prisoners, and how fighting back is the only choice we have.   


No comments: