Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Review: Garden of Stones by Sophie Littlefield

Date Read - January, 14 2012
Source - NetGalley 

First review of the new year! And what's even more...I am the proud owner of a kindle! I can finally understand how wonderful having a kindle can be. Seriously, I don't know how I have managed without one! Anyway, here's my first kindle-review!


In the aftermath of Pearl Harbor, Lucy Takeda and her mother Miyako along with tens of thousands of other Japanese-Americans are uprooted from their homes and taken to the Manzanar internment camp. Within the oppression and abuse and desperate to save the daughter she loves, Miyako makes the ultimate sacrifice. And therefore, destroying Lucy's world once more. Amidst one of the most darkest and most shameful chapters in American history, Sophie Littlefield weaves together a story of betrayal, survival, and the transcending power of love. 





No comments: